GEOGRAPHIC AREA: Sub-Saharan Africa, Senegal
FIELD OF INTERVENTION: Quality Education, Children’s Rights, Socio-economic Inclusion, Sustainable Development
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT: The project aims to promote quality educational programs through the strengthening of digital skills for the teaching staff and raise children’s awareness to the reading and use of technology, in order to foster respectively the teaching and learning experience in Ngaparou 4 and Cheikh Ousmane schools located in the city of Ngaparou.
OBJECTIVES: Improving the quality of the education of boys and girls of the two beneficiary schools, promoting their socio-economic inclusion and the opportunity for a better future.
- Creation of a reading room and a computer room to improve the quality of education for young students.
- Organization of training courses for the teaching staff.
- Innovative teaching tools provided.
- Educational experience and school life for young students improved and enriched.
- Children’s skills and competences in the two schools of Ngaparou created and strengthened.
- New teaching tools for the teaching staff of the schools Ngaparou 4 and Cheikh Ousmane provided.
PARTNERSHIP: Lead Applicant: Progetto Sud. Partners: Africa Clean Onlus (ACO); Confédération des Syndicats Autonomes du Sénégal (CSA).
DURATION: 2023 (10 months)
DONOR: Otto per Mille della Chiesa Valdese – https://www.ottopermillevaldese.org/ – Project No. OPM/2022/36034