Progetto Sud operates under the assumption that sustainable development aid can achieve a lasting and effective impact only if connected to initiatives seeking to promote the creation of quality jobs and the protection of social rights: these are essential elements for the protection of individuals and the fundamental basis for the achievement of other social and economic values such as development, justice, solidarity. In line with its own Mission, Progetto Sud has been promoting development cooperation activities in different countries around the world for more than 30 years, through an integrated approach which provides for the involvement of Public Institutions, (profit and non-profit) Private Actors, Civil Society Organizations (including Social Partners), in such a way as to ensure the constant adaptation of programs and initiatives to the evolving requirements and priorities of national and international operational contexts.
PROGETTO SUD PURSUES THE FOLLOWING MAIN TARGETS OF INTERVENTION:
- to promote economic, social, technical and cultural progress of people and workers who live in conditions of disadvantage and marginality in Developing Countries
- to contribute to the creation of more and better quality job
- to support the active participation of workers and their associations to the process of change towards a sustainable and democratic development
- to foster a sustainable social and economic development, by promoting social justice, peace, respect for human rights, for workers, for the youth and by ensuring gender equality
- to facilitate initiatives for development, socio-economic growth and decent work through the principles and criteria of social dialogue
- to promote intercultural dialogue and peace education at the national and international level .